Exfoliating treatment is a procedure where a health care provider will clean the top layer of the skin and remove dead skin cells. Exfoliating treatment can be done in several ways, such as peeling away the top layer of skin with a chemical solution or physically scrubbing it off.
Exfoliating treatment is often combined with another type of facial treatment and then followed by moisturizer to prevent flaking or irritation. There are many benefits to exfoliating treatments, from removing acne-causing dirt from deep down within pores to decreasing fine lines caused by old age.
Benefits of Exfoliating Treatment
1. Skin-texture improvement: Exfoliating treatment can help remove the discoloration and helps prevent the formation of dimples and acne.
2. Skin-rejuvenation: The most common signs of aging and sagging skin include wrinkles, lax skin, and softness. Exfoliating treatment smoothens the surface to give the face a more youthful appearance.
3. Clears pores: A facial cleansing scrub can work magic on your pores by removing clogged oil and dirt that has comedown from your face onto your nose, cheeks, or forehead in the form of tiny pimples.
4. Decreases oil production: A chemical exfoliating treatment will remove excess oil and dead skin cells, preventing you from having to wash your face everyday just to maintain healthy-looking skin. This also keeps pimples at bay.
5. Decreases acne breakouts: When excess oil and dead skin cells clog the pores, it can make them inflamed, causing small pimples to form that may turn into acne. Exfoliating treatment helps prevent this from happening by keeping pores clear of excess oils and product buildup.
6. Skin firmness: Repeated use of exfoliation treatments can keep your skin firm and smooth as it removes the layer of old cells built up over time. This helps restore the firmness of skin and gives you that smooth healthy appearance.
7. Lessens fine lines: Exfoliating treatments smooth the skin and lessen the look of fine lines and wrinkles, making your skin appear more youthful. This also promotes elasticity in your skin to prevent sagging.
8. Skin Complexion Benefits: Exfoliation helps prevent blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and other blemishes from forming on the face. This can greatly benefit your overall complexion by clearing away dark spots and giving you a youthful glow that others will envy!